I have been really lucky to have received ANOTHER blog award nomination, this time the Liebster award from the lovely Rosy from http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/
So what makes this award so special?
"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
11 random facts about me:
1. I am dyslexic and I hate it when people who just can't spell say they are dyslexic. Yes that's a symptom for some but its so much more than that and if you want to know more I suggest you click here; www.bdadyslexia.org.uk
2. I once got caught in a Monsoon in Shanghai that was so extreme that in 3 min the water was up to my knees.
3. My great grandmother won a silver medal for for Gymnastics in the Olympics for her country when it was still known as Czechoslavakia.
4. Travel is an essential part of my job and this year I will go to China, Hong Kong, India, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Paris and Lille.
5. At the age of 29 I still can't legally drive but I am taking my test ion 29th Jan, eeeek!
6. I am obsessed with rings and now have over 60!
7. I had my last exam at university on the Thursday and started my first buying job on the Monday, I was there for over 5 years.
8. I sang on the UNISEF charity single "we are your future" when I was 11.
9. I have a hotch botch heritage of Czech, Austrian, Italian and Jamaican but only speak English and a little German.
10. I am hyper mobile which means that as well as being able to touch my toes I can actually put my hands flat on the ground both ways, do the crab and get both legs behind my head.
11. The most played song on my iPhone is "Still" by Geto Boys.
11 Questions for me:
1. What makeup product could you not live without and why?Now that I have a new baby it has to be concealer to hide the dark rings. I normally use Clinique products but I am trying Touché Éclat by YSL again as its so easy to use and the packaging feels very decadent.
2. What’s your favourite book and why?
This is really hard to answer because I read a LOT, in fact I am such a fast reader that I can easiely finish one in a week so it's really hard to keep track of what I have read as I tend to read anything. I guess I could say "Knowledge of Angels" by Jill Paton Walsh as I have read it numerous times and am interested in the notion of innate faith.
3. What’s your favourite clothes shop/brand?
I tend to shop a lot in Primark, New Look and River Island as that's what my budget allows but I love Mulberry for its classic, timeless, quintessentially English stylings.
4. How would you describe your clothes style?
Eclectic! I wear a lot of black but then where I wear pattern and colour it's OTT. I really love sequins and if you read a prior blog post you will know that I will wear them anywhere.
5. What is your number one beauty tip/ piece of advice?
As per prior blog post; get a fringe. It hides wrinkly foreheads and unplucked eyebrows and makes you look younger.
6. What’s your favourite trend at the moment?
It sounds cliche but I don't tend to follow trends I wear what I like, reason being that I don't want clothes I love going out of date. That said the fact I love studs, skulls and crosses has meant I have got a lot of great stuff this winter.
7. What’s your favourite song?
Really this depends on my mood and changes regularly, today I would say that if I am amped up its "Roc Boys" by Jay Z and if I am chilled "Oh Darling" by the Beatles
8. Where would you most like to live?
Hong Kong, I love nothing more than wandering around Stanley market on a Sunday afternoon, followed by authentic Dim Sum. Just wish I got to do it more than twice a year!
9. What’s your favourite item of clothing?
It has to be the black Faux Fur coat I got from Per Una this winter as its so warm and adds instant glamour to any outfit.
10. Starter or dessert?
11. What’s your most treasured possession?
Leaving aside my family as they are not possessions my Mulberry bag, I love it as if it were my third child.
11 Blogs I’ve nominated for the Liebster Award in no particular order are:
These are such good blogs that I can't imagine you haven't already read them! A few of these ladies may already have 300+ but they still deserve your attention. Happy reading :)
Of course you should definitely check out
She was also my nomination for another award, see earlier post.
Finally, questions for my lovely nominees:
1. Hot or Cold?
2. Fact or Fiction?
3. Walk or Drive?
4. Rom Com or Horror?
5. Night or Day?
6. Shoes or Bags?
7. Love or Lust?
8. Money or Beauty?
9. Tattoos or Piercings?
10. Tights or Leggings?
11. Heels or Flats?
Dont forget to tell us why!